Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Teaser Tuesday - 10 January



Teaser Tuesday

The rules are:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) 'teaser' sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title and author of the book that you’re getting your 'teaser' from .. that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!
I am sorry to be so indelicate, especially as Diana is, one might say, a charming woman. In my view, in this state, she is suffering the effects of trausmas inflicted upon her during her adolescence, and tries to escape those memories by entering periodically into her second state.
I'm sure that teaser is very annoying as a chunk with no context! Umberto Eco's The Prague Cemetery, conspiracy theories...and the Protocols of the Elders of Zion. The Guardian review says:
Eco has said, a little snottily, that he wants to appeal even to those who have the bad taste "to take Don Brown seriously".
and A S Byatt in the ft review (you need to register to view..) comments:
This is a scorpion of a novel. It waves its pincers with menace and is about things that could really hurt. But I am always surprised by dead scorpions, which are papery shells with no blood or soft tissue. This novel is a bit like that.
I shall see, I've only just started!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I bought this book, and I'm dying to start reading it. Great teaser :)
http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesday.html