Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Teaser Tuesday - 28 December



Teaser Tuesday

The rules are:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) 'teaser' sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title and author of the book that you’re getting your 'teaser' from .. that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!
Once the girl nearly slipped, but she recovered balance by knotting her hand in Kingsley's hair.
'Stop pulling my head off,' he grunted.
'Sorry, I knew I shouldn't have drunk so much gin.'

Not what I remembered the book for, but this is from Fred Hoyle's The Black Cloud, which I'm currently re-reading. A classic piece of science fiction by a scientist, I first read it back in the early 1960's and loved it but I've missed out on reading it for many years, a welcome reacquiantance - and the descriptions of early computing technology are there to savour - for me at any rate!

1 comment:

Jessica Van Vleet said...

I haven't read this one before. But I love this teasers thing. So much fun!