Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Teaser Tuesday - 15 Dec



Teaser Tuesday

The rules are:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) 'teaser' sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title and author of the book that you’re getting your 'teaser' from .. that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!
He knew that his father needed to write about the things he didn't understand or wasn't able to explain in sign language. Inacessible, incomprehensible, intangible things that suddenly struck him and caused him to stare helplessly, or to stand transfixed, or to sit down and ponder.
I don't think that's too much of a teaser, it is from Kader Abdolah's My Father's Notebook the story of growing up in Iran and the politics of that country.

7 comments:

Alayne said...

But it's still nice. Here's my teaser.

Kaye said...

But is IS intriguing. My teaser is here

Have a great week and happy reading!

Marce said...

Not my kind of teaser but GREAT teaser.

http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2009/12/teaser-tuesday-wrong-mother.html

Marce said...

Not my kind of teaser but GREAT teaser.

http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2009/12/teaser-tuesday-wrong-mother.html

jlshall said...

Actually, it does make me want to find out more about the book. So I think it's an excellent teaser!

Cat. said...

My teaser is up as well. Yours is actually interesting as well.

rajm said...

Rereads blog entry carefully - ah when I wrote:'don't think that's too much of a teaser', I actually meant 'don't think that's too much of a spoiler'. Now I understand the comments and you might understand my original!