Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A reading meta-challenge!


I've not done a reading challenge for a bit - I tried one in the summer but it rather ran into the sand. So with a New Year approaching and finding something that appealed on Joy's blog so Lesley at A Life in Books comes a challenge to read a number of books about reading during the year 2010, so books about books. It is fairly flexible and there are 3 levels:
  • Bookworm (read three books)
  • Litlover (read six books)
  • Bibliomaniac (read twelve books)
Not sure what I'll read yet (or how many) but I will tag relevant posts with the 'challenge' and 'Bibliophilic' tags. Schlink's the Reader is all I can think of at the moment (and I've read it but would enjoy a re-read!) but the subject area appeals...
If it appeals to you, head over there and sign up!
(only a few more posts to beat last years record - for me - number of blog entries...excuse me while I witter!)
(Feb 2010 - fixed the link to Lesley's original post! - am about to get around to this!)

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Thanks for joining my challenge! I haven't read The Reader (but saw the film) and think it would be a great choice. I can't wait to see all the different books people choose for the challenge. Happy Reading!

Gilion at Rose City Reader said...

I joined the Bibliophilic Books challenge too. I am excited about it. Here is my sign up post and list of book.

Happy reading!