Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Teaser Tuesday - 2 June



Teaser Tuesday

The rules are:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) 'teaser' sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title and author of the book that you’re getting your 'teaser' from .. that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!
Mother had all but stopped playing the piano. Her take on the general situation boiled down to the following: 'I have my doubts.'
Günter Grass Peeling the Onion, a story of groping growing(!) up under the Third Reich and its compromises. Only just started it but it is clearly going to be a disturbing read.
Last night I finished Dava Sobel's 'Galileo's Daughter' another book about compromise, here's another teaser!
Here are some cakes I made a few days ago, hoping to give them to you when you came to bid us adieu, I see that this will not happen quite as soon as I feared, and so I want you to have them before they turn hard.
A letter from the daughter to her father before a summons to Rome.
I have another biography waiting which I guess will also be a study in compromise - but that will be for next week!

No comments: