Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Teaser Tuesday - Sep 2



Teaser Tuesday

The rules are:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) 'teaser' sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title and author of the book that you’re getting your 'teaser' from .. that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!
It was as if a giant mouth had sucked a bag of boiled sweets and then given the house a lick. The faded carpet in her mother's old bedroom was lost beneath faded pseudo-Persian rugs.
Wonderful imagery and dripping with 1920's detail is Sarah Water's The Paying Guests, you just have this feeling that it is going to end badly!

5 comments:

laura thomas said...

That's an interesting way to describe tacky. I'm curious why it might end badly.
Here is my tease - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/09/02/teaser-tuesdays-79-an-apex-predator-novel-shark-station-nyet-by-carolyn-mccray/

Cleopatra Loves Books said...

I've just found out I've won a copy of this book - love the teaser! Here is my TT http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2014/09/02/teaser-tuesday-september-2/

Unknown said...

That is a really strange, but cool description of a place. It made me wonder what it smelled like. Thanks for sharing!
My Teaser.

rajm said...

I suppose, Laura, from the unteased bits of the 30 or so pages I've read and from other Waters novels (though I've only read the Little Stranger)

Unknown said...

Eww!

Mine this week is a YA disability story:

http://pdworkman.com/excerpt-from-window-boy-teasertuesday-yalit/