Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Teaser Tuesday - Dec 10



Teaser Tuesday

The rules are:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) 'teaser' sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title and author of the book that you’re getting your 'teaser' from .. that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!
They were invented in Norman times to get round some daft law that said only the gentry could own smart, majestic breeds like the wolfhound or deerhound. Commoners were effectively barred from owning a sight hound, in case they used them to poach game.
The 'they' are lurchers - from Clare Balding's autobiography 'My Animals and Other Family' - and explicit homage in the title to the Gerald Durrell book about his early years. This is our book group for the month - something relaxing for over Christmas! Here's the Telegraph review.

6 comments:

kayerj said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CHRISTIE said...

What an interesting teaser!

My teaser this week is from Red Rising: http://thefictionenthusiast.blogspot.com/2013/12/teaser-tuesday-december-10th.html

kayerj said...

that's interesting, I didn't know that. Kelley at the road goes ever ever on

Alice Audrey said...

You can certainly tell who was making the rules back then.

Great teaser. Please check out mine.

Kathy Martin said...

Nice teaser. I hope your group is enjoying it. My teasers this week are from The Great Trouble by Deborah Hopkinson and Dark Witch by Nora Roberts. Happy reading!

Sandra Nachlinger said...

I like your Teaser. This sounds like an interesting autobiography. It's not the usual sort of thing I read, but I think I'd enjoy it.
My Teaser is from My Teaser is from CHRISTMAS CALLING.