Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Teaser Tuesday - 6th March



Teaser Tuesday

The rules are:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) 'teaser' sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title and author of the book that you’re getting your 'teaser' from .. that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!
There were double doors with coiled iron springs at the top, which the caretaker had put there because women always forgot to shut the doors after them. I heard the springs contract and they sang softly to themselves as they squeezed me and the stone together between the doors and I put my legs together and took tight hold of the stone and tried to roll it but the space got narrower and narrower and I knew that the caretaker's hand was sliding up the bannisters all the time.
A spooky moment from Tove Jansson's The Winter Book - our BATS (book group) book of the month - I chose it - and one story in (it's a book of short stories) I'm pretty sure I'm going to enjoy it! Tove Jansson wrote the Moonmin books which I still remember from childhood!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ooh, spooky.

http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/03/teaser-tuesday.html