Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Teaser Tuesday - 15 February



Teaser Tuesday

The rules are:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) 'teaser' sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title and author of the book that you’re getting your 'teaser' from .. that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!
Having just finished Manzoni's The Betrothed, I can't resist a far from random quote from the last few pages, not really a spoiler I think:
That's not the sort of Latin I'm afraid of. That's an honest, holy sort of Latin like you get at Mass; and besides, you clerical gentlemen have to read what's written in the book in those cases. No, no; I was talking about that blackguardly out-of-church Latin which creeps up behind a man in the middle of a conversation.
Three sentences too!

2 comments:

Arlee Bird said...

Not a spoiler I don't think, but definitely a teaser. I can only say, "What?"

Lee
Tossing It Out

Jennifer said...

An excellent teaser which makes me want to know more as a teaser should. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/02/teaser-tuesdays-the-singing-and-dancing-daughters-of-god.html