Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Teaser Tuesday - 30 November



Teaser Tuesday

The rules are:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) 'teaser' sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title and author of the book that you’re getting your 'teaser' from .. that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!
Luckily, Kitty came into the room just then. She was lugging not just the grocery bag but but a pillowcase stuffed with clothing-the pillowcase from Liam's bed, which she hadn't asked permission to take.
From Anne Tyler's Noah's Compass our BATS (book group) book of the month -I've not read any Anne Tyler before. An easy read but very thought provoking.
(I've missed 2 weeks of these - I must try to get back into the rhythm!)

5 comments:

Jenny Q said...

Interesting teaser - opens up a lot of questions. Good choice! Here's my Teaser from Firelight. And I've got a big giveaway, too!

Anonymous said...

Here is my teaser from The Wolves of Andover by Kathleen Kent (Page 8):

Martha saw it all clear in that moment: this was the instant her place in the family would be decided. If she lost her footing at the outset, she would forever be dealt with as no more than a servant.

Julie said...

The review makes this one sound like an absolutely fabulous read! Thanks for sharing your teaser! Here's mine: http://jewelknits.blogspot.com/2010/11/teaser-tuesdays-november-30-2010.html

jlshall said...

I just read this one earlier this year and really enjoyed it, although I found a couple of the characters a little annoying. Well, a lot annoying, but I think that was by design. Love the teaser!

rajm said...

Maybe you're meant to be annoyed - I think they were all annoying at various levels. Lovely observations though!