Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Teaser Tuesday - 26 May



Teaser Tuesday

The rules are:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) 'teaser' sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title and author of the book that you’re getting your 'teaser' from .. that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!

He heard the sound of footsteps in the shadows and stopped breathing for a few moments. It had to be Tita, her distinctive fragrance wafted towards him on the breeze, a mixture of jasmine and cooking odours that was hers alone.
Laura Esquivel's Like Water for Chocolate, that fragment sums up the book very well,desire and cooking! You might go off the book if you don't like pork!

4 comments:

Phyl said...

I like that one! And that's a book I've been meaning to read eventually, for a long time. One of these days, I have to arrive at "eventually," don't I? :-)

Thanks for stopping by my blog too. For those who might post here after me, my own teaser is at Bookishgal.

Anonymous said...

I read this years ago and adored it. I need to read it again and see the movie!

rajm said...

I've seen the film - but many years ago - need to watch it again!

jlshall said...

I've had this one in the TBR pile for years now. "Desire and cooking" - that sounds pretty attractive. I'll have to go look for my copy. Nice teasers!