Monday, February 12, 2007

Struggling with digital memory cards

Took some pictures yesterday of the vicar's leaving do and I find that various of the pictures I can't view getting error messages such as:

Corrupt JPEG data: 515 extraneous bytes before marker 0xd8
Invalid JPEG file structure: two SOI markers

I'm not sure whether this is the camera that is at fault - I stupidly put it as hold luggage on a recent flight when hand baggage was at a premium - the memory card, or something not playing nicely with Linux? Some pictures are fine but around 25% of them end up being unreadable, if I knew what the internal structure of the jpeg looked like, I'd try editing the binaries...!
Into Didsbury today - picked up two cds to listen whilst in the car - well you try getting from here to there by public transport - I'd selected one of Oklahoma and the other of Luciano Berio's Sequenzas it seemed a natural - yes I'd like to listen to that cd - but the distance between those two pieces of music(!) - but I went ahead and swapped straight from a musical to the flute Sequenza

No comments: