Sunday, February 12, 2006

The Untouchable

The Guardian is currently doing Banville's The Untouchable in its book group, comment can be made here. Our book group BATS did it last year. I thought it very reminscent of Waugh's Brideshead Revisited with the main character marrying the sister of the man who was his real love. Articles for the next two weeks in the Saturday Guardian.
I had my own near run-in with illegality last night when at 5:30pm I was too tired to work out what I should do with a lad buying champage who said he was 20 but didn't had ID... The local Tesco's was shut for a bit last week due to a fire (I believe a fire in their generator which kicked in when there was a power cut) and everyone seemed to wander up the road to Sainsbury's - a great opportunity but it led to Christmas style queues! Not found a link to press coverage yet..

No comments: