Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Teaser Tuesday - 27 Oct



Teaser Tuesday

The rules are:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) 'teaser' sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title and author of the book that you’re getting your 'teaser' from .. that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!
My mother's words hang like too-ripe fruit, and when they fall on the floor and burst, she shudders into motion. 'Kate,' she says, hurrying towards my sister, her arms already outstretched.
from our current book group book Jodi Picoult's My Sister's Keeper, I'm afraid I'm getting to the stage of being annoyed by, what seems to me as, relentless emotional manipulation and some pretty cliched stock phrases. We'll see whether I (or she) work our way out of it! There are though interesting questions posed about designer babies, organ donation and the American health care system.
To start with, I thought I wouldn't enjoy it as it was described to me as a 'chick-lit' book, I don't have any problem with that here the questions are elsewhere!

3 comments:

Lisa-Marie Jordan said...

That's a very interesting teaser! I've heard a lot of good things about this book.

christine said...

I have debated and debated as to whether to read this book. I am inclined not to as I am worried about the cliched emotions. I hope you share your thoughts.

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

I've decided no to read this one. X Here is mine