Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Teaser Tuesday - 20 Oct



Teaser Tuesday

The rules are:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) 'teaser' sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title and author of the book that you’re getting your 'teaser' from .. that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!
'Sanders! Come back, Doctor!' The brittle echoes of Radek's voice, like a faint cry in an underground grotto, reached Sanders, but he stumbled on along the road, following the intricate patterns that revolved and expanded over his head like jewelled mandalas.
J G Ballard The Crystal World - a re-read for me!

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh I like the prose, as well as the tease.
Mine is here: http://rundpinne.blogspot.com/2009/10/swiss-courier-teaser-tuesdays.html

Anonymous said...

Lovely writing. I've been meaning to read some JG Ballard but don't know where to start...

Allison said...

I wonder what he's running from or for?

Allison
My Teaser: http://wellreadreviews.com/teaser-tuesdays-the-101-habits-of-highly-successful-novelists

jlshall said...

I think The Crystal World is one I read long, long ago, but the teaser doesn't ring any bells. Might be time for a re-read for me, too. Thanks for reminding me!

Lisa said...

That's an interesting one. It certainly draws you in.

I've got a football teaser today! And a giveaway!

Cackleberry Homestead said...

Great teaser - I haven't heard of this book so I will have to check it out.

rajm said...

I think the extract if very typical of Ballard's almost obsessive language style.
novelinsights - I'd go for this work or some of the early interior sf short stories
crystal - in view of the title you should definitely check it out!