Thursday, April 10, 2008

Targeted spam

Following last week's trip to Rome, I received a spam yesterday with the subject
Have you been to Rome?
to an email that isn't immediately associated with this weblog - has the spammers subject line random generator come up with this by coincidence? I wasn't responsible to booking the flight but the airport transfer firm looks like a possible culprit? - (later) looks as if I was wrong though - two other messages with this same subject line sent to totally different email addresses - coincidence then!
Then after this announcement
The Federal Communications Commission is set to announce the launch of a national alert system, using text messaging and other mobile technologies to tell Americans when to panic.
I've already received a spam - at my gmail address purporting to be one of these alerts

No comments: