Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Teaser Tuesday - 25 August



Teaser Tuesday

The rules are:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) 'teaser' sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title and author of the book that you’re getting your 'teaser' from .. that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!
Those who follow me on Facebook will have seen this one already, it's not random but I can't resist re-quoting it (in full this time!)
Lately she had noticed that joints, instead of making her giggly as they used to, turned her paranoid. To keep this effect under control Fabiana had drunk half a bottle of limoncello.
and here's a real random quote from the same book:
He started searching for the keys on the bed of the torrent. He let go with one hand and the river pushed him under.
He drank a lot of water which tasted of earth.
These two are from Ammaniti's The Crossroads (in Italian Come dio comanda - what God commands) - by the author of 'I'm not Scared. Yes it is sordid and you probably wouldn't want to lend it to a maiden aunt but it is funny, absorbing and totally gripping. As the review I've linked to says:
a deal of sex and a vast amount of violence
very, very visual but I'm not sure that it could be made into a film - well, not one that shows in mainstream cinemas. I've just finished (the section of this book) called 'The Night' - reading it as I walked out of the station towards home(!) and about to start 'After'

2 comments:

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

That's a wonderful teaser. Here is mine.

Anonymous said...

Thanks or visiting me at"I Read"
Interesting teaser.thinking of adding on my wishlist.....