Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Teaser Tuesday - 4 January



Teaser Tuesday

The rules are:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) 'teaser' sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title and author of the book that you’re getting your 'teaser' from .. that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!
He knew he was on the verge of saying something lawyerish he might regret, so he stood up and breathed in deeply. 'Shall we talk about books instead?' he said.' Can I have a look at your collection? I caught a glimpse when we were coming in.'
Another piece from our book club book - Sebastian Faulks A week in December - I am mostly enjoying this though the quantity of financial detail that Faulks feels obliged to load the text with is a bit of a drag. Here's John Crace's hatchet job on the book from his Digested Read article:
John Veals gawped at Olya on the Naked Russian Babes website before planning his run on the Allied Bank and cleaning up on commodities at the same time. He wasn't at all sure anyone was that interested in the minutiae of the banking system, but Seb had told him he had done loads of research and he was buggered if he was going to waste it.

First Teaser of the year and I'm spending the New Year finishing up the books of last year, but I'll soon be onto the new!

3 comments:

Sonia said...

I love the voice of this teaser! Mine is here: http://storytreasury.wordpress.com/2011/01/04/teasertuesday/

Jennifer said...

I think I would enjoy this, based upon the teaser. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/01/teaser-tuesdays-the-lotus-eaters.html

Pam said...

Oh I like the first one!