Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Teaser Tuesday - 13 April



Teaser Tuesday

The rules are:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) 'teaser' sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title and author of the book that you’re getting your 'teaser' from .. that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!
Then when your mother did come, when I still hardly knew her, she gave me that look of hers - no twinkle in that eye - and said, very softly and very seriously, 'You ought to marry me'. That was the first time in my life I ever knew what it was to love another human being.

Marilynne Robinson's Gilead - our current book group book of the month.

2 comments:

LKT said...

LOVED that book. So hard to pick out two sentences that would convey how delicious it is, but those two would do it.

My teaser is here:

http://teabagsinfusion.blogspot.com/2010/04/teaser-tuesday-april-13.html

jlshall said...

This one's been sitting in my TBR stack for a couple of years now. Hoping to get to it this year, at last. Love the teaser.
Here's mine.