Sunday, February 22, 2009

Le Scaphandre et le Papillon

Wednesday was marked with a second trip to see Le Scaphandre et le Papillon (The Diving Bell and the Butterfly) - I originally saw it back in early 2008 having read the book in 2006- this week it was a trip to the Macclesfield Silk Screen. Here's the French trailer
in my opinion this is better than the English trailer which is more concerned with surface and effect rather than content!
A wonderful film which will challenge, as quotes:
My diving bell becomes less oppressive, and my mind takes flight like a butterfly. There is so much to do. You can wander off in space or in time, set out for Tierra del Fuego or for King Midas’s court.
You can visit the woman you love, slide down beside her and stroke her still-sleeping face. You can build castles in Spain, steal the Golden Fleece, discover Atlantis, realize your childhood dreams and adult ambitions.
.. you can be whereever and whoever you want.
Though the English trailer does have that skiing sequence. I've also had Charles Trenet La Mer echoing in my mind ever since:

No comments: