Friday, February 16, 2007

Synergy is wonderful


When working at home things tend to get somewhat cramped with a desktop and a laptop sharing the same desk - I listen to music using amarok on the Linux desktop whilst working on the XP laptop - but thanks to Richard I've found Synergy. This app runs on Linux, Windows and Macs and allows you to drive multiple computers with the same mouse and keyboard without any additional hardware! Apparently it even allows clipboard sharing, though I've not tried this yet.
I just need to work out how to stop the work's VPN software from routing everything through the connection so that it still works when I have a connection to email - it would also be nice to be able to print via the home network - rather than forcing you to print on devices 15 miles away - I think I need to read up on the DOS route command...

No comments: