Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Teaser Tuesday - 29 June



Teaser Tuesday

The rules are:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) 'teaser' sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title and author of the book that you’re getting your 'teaser' from .. that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!
Straight and GLBT people alike can look at Sodom and Gomorrah for what they were, as mentioned in Ezekiel: arrogant, overfed, unconcerned, haughty, detestable and all in all inhospitable. But the greater point that Jesus made to his disciples as he elevated the Sodom and Gomorrah story was that regardless of what the people of Sodom did, nothing was more tragic than a person turning her back on Almighty God to yearn for things manmade.
(on Lot's wife) from Andrew Marin's Love is an Orientation - link is to suem's review.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

What an interesting teaser! I will have to check out the book.

My teaser is here.

LKT said...

I remember reading about Love is an Orientation on an Evangelical blog I frequent...much division of opinion. I think I should put it on my list.

Meanwhile, I'm reading a V.I. Warshawski mystery. The teaser is here:

http://teabagsinfusion.blogspot.com/2010/06/teaser-tuesday-june-29.html

jlshall said...

Sounds like an interesting book. I'll have to check out the review. Certainly a very intriguing teaser.

Here’s my teaser from Damaged.

Emma Michaels said...

Great teaser! I hope you will check out mine for Stephanie Meyer's latest novel The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner! Also, if you check back on my blog this Friday I have huge news about the novels I had been submitting to agents/publishers!

Sincerely,
Emma Michaels
http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com

Suem said...

Thanks for the link. I've read your other posts, thinking how nice it would be to be at Scargill.