Monday, December 12, 2016

Teaser Tuesday -Dec 12

(yes I know this is late - rather than being a day early!)

Teaser Tuesday
The rules are:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) 'teaser' sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title and author of the book that you’re getting your 'teaser' from .. that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!
The only other people who came close to us were on other boats, some of them simple log-boats, some bigger boats with floors, and they were just shadows as well, dark and shadowy shapes with shadowy voices speaking softly in the dimness, as if each boat was a different world.
"The reason I rushed you Starlight," I said after a while, " and the reason I didn't take the time to find traders from New Earth is that another boat came in more or less at the same time as you started out.
from Chris Beckett's Mother of Eden. Starlight the main character (I think!) has come a long way to get to this point in the second part of Beckett's parables on society, theology and ecology. I was going to stick at the first book Dark Eden but I'm glad I didn't!

No comments: