Tuesday, June 07, 2016

Teaser Tuesday - June 7


Teaser Tuesday
The rules are:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) 'teaser' sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title and author of the book that you’re getting your 'teaser' from .. that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!
I have great respect for Brian Cox. He has a brain so big that it crosses whole time zones. and he is normally impeccable with the language, so why on earth would he say 'the bombardier beetle and me' when it is surely more natural, and clearly more respectable, to say 'the bombardier beetle and I'?
Bill Bryson - The Road to Little Dribbling. This was our book group book for last month, I seem not to have teased it yet. I wanted to like this and did enjoy bits of it but there was far too much irony in it for my taste. I caricatured it, at our meeting last night as hunks of irony separated by disasters at sea!
(Finally notices that Teaser tuesday has moved!)

No comments: