Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Teaser Tuesday - June 30



Teaser Tuesday

The rules are:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) 'teaser' sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title and author of the book that you’re getting your 'teaser' from .. that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!
I slept in bosomy clefts overlooking the ocean with my back turned to the mountains. From my sleeping bag I watched day melt into night and the waking eyes of ships' lights being brushed by the sleeping strobes of lighthouses.
From Nicholas Crane 'Clear Waters Rising' (A Mountain Walk across Europe)- a story of the writer's walk across the mountains of Europe from Cape Finisterre to Istanbul. Here's the good reads entry and another review. That teaser is a bit flowery, the next sentence has 'the milky light of dawn' but there's good story telling in this book and good historical snippets on the regions he passes through. I've just reached the Pyrenees with him so there's a little way to go yet and lots of walking to do, the goodreads reviews suggests it gets better. It sounds a wonderful experience to have but the practicalities for most folk would rule it out but here's the experience shared!

4 comments:

Trish said...

oh that sounds amazing! I love the description!
trish - my teaser

Kathy Martin said...

Very poetic language. I hope you are enjoying the story. My teaser on my adult blog comes from this romantic suspense title - Hell or High Water by Julie Ann Walker. Happy reading!

Sandra Nachlinger said...

I've recently read A WALK IN THE WOODS (about the Appalachian Trail) and thoroughly enjoyed WILD and TRAIL MIX, so this sounds like a story I'd love. It's being added to my TBR list right now!
My Tuesday post features SERENA.

Literary Feline said...

I bet it would be quite the adventure. I like the opening. I have a clear picture of that moment in my mind.