Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Teaser Tuesday - May 7



Teaser Tuesday

The rules are:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) 'teaser' sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title and author of the book that you’re getting your 'teaser' from .. that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!
It was kind of lazy and jolly, laying off comfortable all day, smoking and fishing, and no books nor study. Two months or more run along, and my clothes got to be all rags and dirt, and I don't see how I ever got to like it so well at the window's, where you had to wash and eat on a plate, and comb up, and go to bed and get up regular, and be for ever bothering over a book and have old Miss Watson pecking at you all the time.
Huckleberry Finn with his Pop from Mark Twain's book. I've not read this since I was young and I'd been wanting to re-read it for some time and was given impetus by a blog which quoted from it and the relationship between Huck and Jim (the escaped slave), I shall see how it goes!

No comments: