Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Teaser Tuesday - 28 June



Teaser Tuesday

The rules are:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) 'teaser' sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title and author of the book that you’re getting your 'teaser' from .. that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!

There was rain later in the day, but we made our objective, and it was well worth the long's day travel. The plain on which we were walking ended suddenly.
as does the teaser! This is from Sebastian Faulks' Human Traces - I've nested back to complete this book I see I was reading and teasing from it last summer! I'm regretting the long break I really was enjoying it and the gap has made some of the plot lines a little less clear in my mind - the teaser is from an exploration of the African plains in the early 1900's. That's a very odd apostrophe in the teaser, I assume it is displaced from the next word I've left it as it is for the sake of pedantry!

No comments: