Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Teaser Tuesday - 27 July



Teaser Tuesday

The rules are:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) 'teaser' sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title and author of the book that you’re getting your 'teaser' from .. that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!
Now we heard the glass of windows break somewhere, and suddenly a long thin arm of bright yellow flame came streaking out, seemed to hang solidly in the night air, showing up my father's upturned face, and no doubt mine, and then just as strangely retrieved itself, with a horrible roaring moan, worse than any wind. It seemed to me in my enormous fright that the fire had spoken a word: 'Death, death', said the fire I thought.
'Jesus, Mary and Joseph' said my father...
That's a dramatic random quote!! Couldn't resist going slightly over 2 sentences for that final exclamation. From Sebastian Barry's 'The Secret Scripture' our book group book of the month.

2 comments:

jlshall said...

Dramatic, indeed. And the extra line was definitely worth "bending the rules" for! I've got this one on my TBR list for this year. Hope you enjoyed it!

Jennifer said...

Wonderful teaser and this book sounds like one I would enjoy. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/07/teaser-tuesdays-queen-pin.html