Thursday, March 16, 2006

The 4 meme

Borrowed this from Good in Parts though tracing back the taggings was interesting and led me to Elizaphanian which has gone into my bookmarks with some very interesting articles including this one on those cartoons. With this bit:
Thus, for a Christian, it is wrong to take offence. To take offence is to play the devil's games, to enter into antagonism between the righteous and the Ă‚‘unrighteousĂ‚’, the 'sinner' and the 'saved'. In letting go of any sense of offence, one is released from the mythological pressures embedded in all stories of them and us, and is set free to become the sort of person that God originally intended - living in peace and loving the neighbour. This is what lies behind the striking language in Matthew's gospel (5:29, where Jesus commands us to pluck out our eyes if it causes us to sin language taken up by a great many moralists seeking violent self-harm, as it is, of course, to scapegoat a part of oneself). The original language used in Greek, however, is related to this word skandalon and the passage means 'if your eye is scandalized, pluck it out' in other words, do not see offence.

Anyway, back to the meme:
Four jobs I've had:
  • Checkout operator
  • Deputy head of kitchen
  • stock taking in an engineering works
  • numerical analyst

Four movies I can watch repeatedly:
  • Au Revoir les Enfants
  • Cinema Paradiso
  • Manhattan
  • Ma Vie en Rose
  • The Italian Job
hmm - lots of sentimentality and childhood there!
Four places I have lived:
  • Birkdale (Southport)
  • Cambridge
  • Kettlewell
  • Leeds

Four TV shows I like to watch:
(difficult)
  • Mony Python
  • Bill Oddie Naturewatch
  • Have I got News for You
  • Ski Sunday
what's happened to Ski coverage - the season hasn't finished yet(grrr!)
Four places I have been on vacation:
  • Siena
  • Valais (Switzerland)
  • Southwold
  • Royan

Four favourite dishes:
  • Spaghetti with broccoli
  • Steak au poivre
  • Plateau de Fruits de Mer
  • Crepes with cider

Four websites I visit daily:
  • Google
  • The Register
  • J Walk
  • Maggi Dawn

Four places I would rather be right now:
  • Up in the Swiss Alps (even in this Season!)
  • Back in a computing job
  • Comfortable restaurant with a bottle of red wine
  • Back in bed

Far too revealing....

1 comment:

rajm said...

Hmm, I can't count - and it serves me right after that remark about wanting to be in the Alps - whatever the weather - I spent 7 hours at work outside on the trollies....