Saturday, April 16, 2005

Graham Turner

Last night we attended the induction of Graham Turner who was Area Dean of Yardley and Bordesley as rector of the Macclesfield team parish. These events can - very easily - be impersonal but I felt it was a good celebration of where Graham had been and marked a transition. I hope some pictures will follow. Peter Forster spoke well on the prodigal son (Graham grew up in Cheshire!) Good choice of hymns, 'All my hope on God is founded' - a personal favourite, 'Inspired by love and anger' - I'd not heard this before, good for election time as the link says, words here - I think there was some amusement(?) and observation at folks reactions to the words, the choir sang 'Christ has no body now on earth but yours' (continuing that theme I think), then 'I offer up my life in spirit and truth' (Matt Redman) and finishing with 'Thine be the glory'. An inspiring occasion.

And tonight it is Mahler's Resurrection Symphony from the Wilmslow(!) Symphony Orchestra.

No comments: